I broke the winch cable while plowing
Ok so I broke the winch cable while plowing. I think I know what I need to do to fix it. But a few questions?
1. The fairlead seems high or the winch is low causing a lot of strain on the fairlead.
2. The winch pulls in from the bottom on the 800
3. The 600 pulls in from the top.
4. There both 3000 lbs winches.
5. The 800 and 600 freespool knob are opposit. The 800 on drivers side the 600 on passenger side.
Does anyone have a ￼ remedy to fix the fairlead or winch so there’s not such a sharp angle.
The first pic shows how high the fairlead bolts are compared to the winch. I’m going with synthetic so the hawse fairlead is straight. Doesn’t it seem off??